Specific Objectives for the Student of Philosophy
- To provide the student an understanding of the method and subject matter of philosophy.
- To engender in the student’s life the love of truth and the desire for an enriched life.
- To resolve the oppositions of skepticism and dogmatism by an investigation of all experience.
- To foster in the student the habit of accurate and consistent thinking.
- To teach the student what and how to question.
- To help the student evaluate life to determine its worth and meaning in the light of philosophic, scientific, and religious truth.
Learn more from the A.B. in Philosophy Academic Catalog entry.