Questions about SNU School of Education scholarships? Please call the SNU School of Education at (405) 717-6267.
Dorothy Sheldon Memorial Scholarship Endowment
• Provide "need-based" financial assistance for students completing an undergraduate degree from SNU School of Education.
Glendola and Marion Owens Memorial Scholarship
• Provide financial support for worthy Junior and Senior students who have a strong desire to earn a degree at SNU. First preference shall be given to students who are preparing for a career in Early Childhood education or Elementary education. Second preference shall be given to other deserving students.
Delores Trimble Perdue Scholarship Endowment
• Provide a graduate student entering (or currently enrolled in) the Master of Arts in Educational Leadership. (If the program is not continued, the scholarship will be awarded to a graduate student in education.) The candidate must be actively teaching in the elementary or middle school in the greater OKC area and must present financial need.
Maurice Walraven Memorial Scholarship Endowment
• Provide scholarships for students preparing to pursue a profession in education, first preference - Special Education; scholarships to be awarded based on a financial need, to a derserving senior who exemplifies the standards of SNU.
Wilma Haley Troutman Elementary Education Scholarship Endowment
• Provide need-based awards to upper-division students majoring in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education.
Lloyd and Nina Barnett Scholarship Endowment
• Provide financial assistance for students pursuing a degree in Elementary Education with a first preference to students from the Hooker Church of the Nazarene.
Georgiana Bayles McDaniel Memorial Scholarship
• Candidate must meet the following qualifications:
1. Cumulative GPA of 3.0
2. Be a Junior or Senior standing in the year which the scholarship will be awarded. If given to a Junior at the option of the Scholarship Committee, this student can be followed with scholarship into the senior year.
3. To be an Elementary or Early Childhood Education major with the probability tht the student will complete his/her college education and be one that would be planning to enter Elementary or Early Childhood Education.
Christina Jean Brooks Stokes Scholarship Endowment
• Provide scholarships for needy Freshman students majoring in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education, and for Senior students during their Student Teaching.
Rodney L. and Mary E. Eskridge Education Scholarship Endowment
• Provide tuition aide for senior Early Childhood or Elementary Education majors to be presented during their semester of student teaching; they must have a high GPA and strong academic standing. The recipient shall emulate the motto of SNU - Character, Culture, Christ. A minimum award of $400 shall be awarded, additional awards may be awarded if earnings provide.
Daniel S. and Vicki L. Holom Scholarship Endowment
• Provide scholarships for students in their junior or senior year of undergraduate work, with an Elementary Education major. Each recipient must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 on a 4.0 scale.
Stella Newman Memorial Scholarship Endowment
• Provide scholarships for students preparing to pursue a profession in teaching education, and shall be restricted t students who are from the State of Oklahoma majoring in elementary education.
Spruce Family Scholarship Endowment
• Provide financial assistance in the amount of $1000 per award for students with a verified financial need who meet the following parameters:
1. Must carry a minimum of 12 hours or more and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 scale;
2. At least two scholarships shall be awarded annually to assist Education majors during their "student teaching block" of their Senior year;
3. Additional awards shall be made to students pursuing a vocation in ministry and/or gerontology.
Ron and Shirley Phelps Elementary Education Scholarship Endowment
• Provide awards of no less than $750 to students enrolled in their student teaching semester while completing a degree in Elementary Education. To be considered, candidates must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and a verified financial need.
Charles and Marilyn Moreland Education Scholarship Endowment
• Provide scholarship aid for students completing a degree in the Master of Arts in Educational Leadership, conducted through the SNU School of Education.
Neuenschwander Book Scholarship
• Provide aid for the purchace of books; to be restricted to students with dependent children pursuing a degree in education.
Fern K. Lowe Memorial Scholarship Endowment
• Provide need-based awards for upper-division students majoring in the Early Childhood or Elementary Education degree track from the SNU School of Education.
Merna Marie (Banz) Langford Scholarship Endowment
• Provide "need-based" awards to "full-time" Senior-level students with a minimum 2.5 GPA; completing a degree in the SNU School of Education, with the stated purpose of pursuing a career in full-time public teaching.
Joy Beaver Early Childhood Education Scholarship Endowment
• Provide financial aid for full-time students, with a minimum 2.5 GPA who are completing a degree concentration in Early Childhood Education.
Paula Stroud Troutman Secondary Education Scholarship Endowment
• Provide need-based awrds to upper-division students completing a degree in the School of Education, with a preference for Secondary Education majors.