Membership in the Academy of Senior Professionals at Southern Nazarene University is open to anyone who is interested in being a part of the Academy.
Members do not have to be alumni of Southern Nazarene University or associated with the Church of the Nazarene. There is no age limit for membership, although the majority of the members are retired.
Some people who work with the retired population have found a benefit from associating with the Academy members. Please note, however, that some of the benefits outlined in the benefits section are age specific.
The Academy of Senior Professionals is open to persons who would like to join with other professionals in realizing intellectual, cultural, spiritual or service activity goals. Application for membership may be made to the Director of the Academy or the Chair of the Membership Committee. Applications are considered by the Membership Committee and the Administrative Council when accompanied by designated membership fees.
An Application Form may be obtained by downloading the Application Form in this web site or by requesting one from the Academy Director or the Membership Committee Chair.
Applications must be accompanied by an initiation fee of $10.00. Dues are payable at your first meeting prorated based upon $20.00 a year.
Benefits of Membership
- Intellectual stimulation
- Informative luncheon programs
- Interactive small group discussions
- Lifelong learning on the SNU campus at a discounted senior-adult tuition rate
- Cultural enrichment through arts, humanities, and multicultural events
- New discoveries of knowledge and experience through research and sharing
- Emphases on total well-being through physical, mental, and spiritual wellness
- Community volunteer opportunities in hospitals, museums, educatioinal institutions, and service organizations
- Opportunities for tax-free donations to help financially with worthy ASP projects
- ASP Identification Card used for many of the following activities:
- Leisure services include access to the SNU gymnasium, swimming pool, weight and exercise room, and walking track
- Members can check out library materials and have free access to the SNU Library databases with their ASP Identification Card.
- Discounts for SNU fine arts and athletic events
- Discounts at the SNU bookstore
- Dining at the SNU cafeteria
- Free parking in SNU lots
- Free shuttle service to and from the ASP luncheons originating in the SNU parking lot north of the Sawyer Center (41st & Donald)
For more information, write:
Eunice Trent, Director for Academy of Senior Professionals
Bresee Administration Building
6729 N.W. 39th Expressway
Bethany, OK 73008
Application in MS Word Document Format
Applications must be accompanied by an initiation fee of $10.00.
Dues are payable at your first meeting prorated based upon $20.00 a year.
ASP Active months are:
January - May, and October - December
Please mail applications to Membership Secretary:
8400 NW 64th Terrace
Oklahoma City, OK 73132-3816