- Approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Does not have a waiting list, all students who meet our requirements are admitted
- Requires students to have a 2.75 or better GPA and a C or higher in the pre-requisite and co-requisite courses
- Offers opportunities to explore many facets of clinical nursing from pediatric nursing, community, prenatal health, and gerontology.
School of Nursing Admission Criteria
- The School of Nursing accepts applications during November of each year, with start date for incoming class in January of each year.
- Students that apply to the program must have a minimum cumulative college gpa of 2.75.
- Hold a wide range of nursing expertise in Neurology, Cardiology, Obstetrics, Emergency, Intensive Care, Medical-Surgical areas, Pediatrics, Community and Mental Health
- Hold specialty nursing certifications
- Hold leadership positions in the nursing community including the current President of the Oklahoma Emergency Nurses Association, CPR Instructors for the American Heart Association, a House Supervisor at a regional healthcare facility and more
- SNU nursing graduates are prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination and move into the workforce.
- Our graduates are knowledgeable, compassionate and caring registered nurses.
- Over the past five years SNU nursing grads have an employment rate of greater than 90%!