Department: Facilities Management
Availability: Immediate Opening – Full Time
Purpose: Maintain the landscaping and grounds of Southern Nazarene University properties, including the main campus and athletic fields, in excellent condition. Create a safe and inviting outdoor space for all campus users, to be a suitable environment for learning and living.
Scope: Under the supervision of the grounds supervisor, crew leader and/or officials responsible for the coordination and accomplishment of plant maintenance and operation work, perform the duties peculiar to, and normally required in, the trade of groundskeeper, following recognized procedures, practices and techniques for such work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Including, but not limited to...
- Mowing, edging, trimming, blowing, watering, weeding, seeding, fertilizing, and maintaining lawns and athletic fields.
- Pruning and transplanting shrubs and trees.
- Flower bed maintenance, including weeding, pruning, mulching, and planting seasonal annuals.
- Trash and related refuse clean up from grounds, and emptying campus waste receptacles and trash chutes.
- Equipment maintenance and repair.
- Irrigation system installation, maintenance and repair.
- Ice and snow removal as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Skills Required:
High school, technical or trade school graduate or equivalent preferred. Good oral and written communications skills a must. Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus. Previous experience in field of Grounds maintenance, Horticulture, Agriculture, Landscaping, Irrigation or Athletic turf management preferred.
· Work is medium; drives, pushes, pulls, lifts or carries a variety of grounds maintenance equipment.
· Must be able to individually lift a minimum of 50 lbs and be able to, with assistance, move and transport heavier materials and equipment.
· Must be able to climb ladders, work from lifts, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch to gain access to work
· Required to work outside in all weather conditions.
· Must be able to work in confined spaces and from heights.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and in harmony with the SNU hourly pay structure. Additional compensation available for candidates with irrigation technician experience.
Benefits: Generous benefit structure including family health insurance plan,
retirement matching, tuition remission, vacation, sick leave,
personal days, holidays and much more.
For additional details regarding SNU or how to apply for this position, please scroll to the bottom of the page and read the "ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFORMATION".