“Chat with the Executive Day” a Valuable Learning Experience for Students
The Thirteenth Annual “Chat with the Executive Day” was held at the School of Business of Southern Nazarene University on Friday, November 15, 2002. The Royce Brown Business Building was the site of the event that provided the opportunity for business executives from around the country to share their experiences with current students. Sessions were held at 8am, 9am and 11am. Bridging the gap between academia and the “real world” is the mission of “Chat Day.” All of the guest speakers are distinguished alumni of the business program of Southern Nazarene University.
The speaker lineup this year included the following:
- Greg Hall, Associate Product Manager, Frito Lay, Plano, TX
- Kevin Hackler, Associate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Piper Jaffray, Minneapolis, MN
- Jon Cargill, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Hobby Lobby Corporate, Oklahoma City, OK
- Renee Huffaker, Examiner/Relationship Manager, Federal Reserve Bank, Oklahoma City, OK
- Myrna Latham, Attorney, McAfee & Taft, Oklahoma City, OK
- Blaine Versaw, Senior Manager, KPMG LLP., Denver, CO
According to Professor Cindy Powell, Chat Day director, “This outstanding group of executives brought a wealth of real world experience for our students’ educational growth.”
Senior Ryan Osweiler stated, “I felt the Chat with the Executive Day was a tremendously valuable learning experience. We had the opportunity as students to interact and share with this truly top notch group of business professionals.”
Dr. Larry Mills, Chair of the School of Business, commented, “No finer opportunity exists for our students to borrow from the pool of life experiences than this Chat Day occurrence. This group of executives had a fabulous mix of successes to share.”
For further information, contact Professor Cindy Powell at 491.6677 or Dr. Larry Mills at 491.6392.
Posted on Mon, November 18, 2002
by Dr. Larry Mills