Reports to: Vice President of Enrollment/Director of Recruitment
Department: Office of Admissions
Job Summary: Represents SNU accurately, personably, and effectively to all of its various constituents. Works to facilitate the implementation of policies, practices and programs, which will enable the university to achieve enrollment goals. Provides leadership for assigned ongoing projects. Work is performed under general supervision and performance is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained. The performance evaluation is conducted through the performance-evaluation system. To also serve the South Central Region Church of the Nazarene through building and sustaining relationships with pastors, youth pastors and congregations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Qualities of a Great Recruiter:
- Organize and present at high schools, colleges, community information fairs, individual appointments and group sessions
- Advise potential applicants (i.e., in person, group session, chat, phone, email or web)
- Goal driven
- Ambitious; high achiever
- Growth oriented
- Ability to motivate others to action
- Strong skills in diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and multiple responsibilities is an asset
- Honesty with eloquence
- Good at packaging many features and services in preparation for matriculation
- Friendly and fearless
- Must intrinsically see the larger good of a Christian higher education
- Achieve goals
- Manage, secure, schedule and conduct interviews
- Accurately forecast and analyze data for strategic action
- Conduct follow up
- Meet targeted enrollment goals
- Enroll a high-quality student body
- Connect with influencers internally and externally
- Flexibility with frequent and overnight travel
The Office of Admissions is a dynamic office with projects, programs, prospects and strategy ever changing. This position requires a high degree of commitment to the values and mission of Southern Nazarene University. This position will need to stay current with all university programs and offerings in order to help answer questions and provide prospective students with the highest level of customer service. SNU graduate preferred.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Benefits: Generous benefit structure including health insurance (shared cost between employer and employee), tuition remission, retirement matching, vacation, sick leave, personal days, holidays and much more.
For additional application information please visit: http://snu.edu/staff-job-openings.
Fri, May 9, 2014
by Chris Peterson