Position Title: Data Entry Specialist (Part-Time/19 hour work week; 12 months)
Reports To: Director of Advancement Services
Department: University Advancement and Church Relations
General Description: The part-time Data Entry Specialist’s primary responsibility is to enter all gift and pledge information into the Raiser’s Edge database, prepare and mail all gift acknowledgment letters, and assist in updating and maintaining constituent information.
The Specialist will also assist with other statistical reports and database maintenance functions, including but not limited to providing contact information for appeals, reports and other communications and assisting in the preparation and mailing of year-end tax letters, required demographic reports and campus/department alumni and donor contacts as requested and directed.
- Accurately enter all pledge and gift information into the alumni/development database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Accurately record other constituent information into the database, including but not limited to change of addresses, relationship connections, death notices, etc.
- Prepare and mail all acknowledgement letters, including thank you letters and honor-memorial gift letters.
- Accurately complete and submit corporate matching gift forms and maintain accurate information regarding matching gift companies in the database.
- Provide appropriate notification to donor of possible matching gift possibilities and notification to donor when matching gift has been received from corporation.
- Assist in the preparation of campus mailings, utilizing the alumni/development database (Raiser’s Edge) for distribution of official reports such as year-end tax statements, and planned giving mailings.
- Perform office tasks including faxing, copying, and taking phone calls, as needed.
Requirements, Skills and Knowledge Base:
- Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Access and Microsoft Word) including mail merges preferred
- Knowledge of the alumni/development database-Raiser’s Edge is desirable.
- Accuracy in spelling and record-keeping.
- Demonstrate strict confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to successfully multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal amount of supervision.
For additional application information, including how to apply for this position, please visit: http://snu.edu/staff-job-openings.
Fri, April 18, 2014
by Chris Peterson