Adjunct Professor, Graduate Programs in Counseling
Tulsa and Bethany Campus
- PhD – Counselor Education and Supervision, School of Psychology and Counseling, Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA, August 2006 –May 2011.
- MA – Christian Counseling, (With Honors), Marriage and Family Therapy, Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, OK, May 2003 – May 2004.
- MA – Christian Counseling, (With Honors), Licensed Professional Counselor, Oral Roberts University, August 2001 – May 2003.
- BS – Psychology (Summa cum laude), University of Arkansas at Monticello, Monticello, AR, August 1995 – May 1997.
- Bible School, Agape School of World Evangelism, Agape Church, Little Rock, AR, August 1999 – April 2000.
Dr. Kelly James became an Adjunct Professor in the Graduate Program in Counseling in 2011 teaching in the Child Therapy master’s program,is an Adjunct Professor in the master’s counseling program at Oral Roberts University, and an Adjunct Professor at Tulsa Community College liberal arts program. Additionally, she teaches in the play therapy certification program at KC Play Therapy Institute. Dr. James works full-time at Saint Francis Community Services Therapeutic Foster Care working with children and families in DHS custody in addition to working with private clients through her own private practice, Foundational Solutions, PLLC, and The Life Connection Counseling Center. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor– Supervisor in the state of Oklahoma and is a Registered Play Therapist –Supervisor, one of only 10 in the state of Oklahoma. In Kelly’s spare time, she enjoys swimming, working out with her personal trainer, scrapbooking, movies, traveling, and hanging out with friends. Kelly lives in Tulsa.
Dr. James’ research interest include trauma, how trauma affects the brain, children with challenging behaviors, parenting paradigms,and evidenced based play therapy practices.
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Specialized Techniques in Play Therapy
- Advanced Play Therapy
Dr. James is currently working on two articles for the Play Therapy magazine, completing a client case study utilizing non-directive play therapy, and designing play therapy research projects. Additionally, Kelly is working on two novels.