Southern Nazarene Honors prepares gifted scholars to serve the world around them. Our program is designed to stimulate creative, interdisciplinary analysis, facilitate student-faculty mentorship, and enable high quality undergraduate research that will carry the student beyond graduation. By requiring participation in service-learning and cross-cultural experiences, we teach motivated students to lead by example. By encouraging excellence in scholarship and creative analysis, we create life-learners who will use their intellectual gifts to enrich the professional, social, and religious communities in which they live, beginning with the campus community at SNU. Honors Program students not only lead the larger community of students around them but nurture a community that values scholarship and service. The goal of Southern Nazarene Honors is to challenge students to challenge themselves, to strive without ceasing to be the best witnesses of true and godly scholarship that they can be.
The benefits of completing a degree through Southern Nazarene Honors are manifold:
- Honors Scholarship covering over-the-block tuition up to 20 hours
- Special Freshman Year Experience courses
- Fewer General Education hours required in Honors track
- Access to Honors Lounge in the Library
- Early enrollment for classes after matriculation
- Extended network printing privileges
- Personal mentoring relationships with excellent faculty
- Membership in a community of diverse but motivated and gifted learners
- Research opportunities guided by students’ own interests
- Scholarship and grant assistance for academically excellent work
- Enhanced preparation and advising for post-degree professional and graduate school experiences
- Increased opportunities for cross-cultural experience and international travel
- Formative, integrative, and longer-term service-learning experiences to learn the needs of the world around us
- The self-knowledge that comes from having actively applied oneself and surpassed one’s own believed limitations
Early Application Deadline: January 1
- Submit your application before January 1 and enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card!
Who Can Apply
- Non-provisional, incoming SNU freshmen
- Current SNU freshmen in good academic standing
Criteria for Admission
- 25 or higher ACT/ 1100 or higher SAT (Math + Verbal)
- Top 10% of high school graduating class preferred
- Credit or waive-status for Comp I completed/received student's fall semester freshman year (this can be met by concurrent enrollment, AP or CLEP testing, or simply scoring 25+ on the English portion of ACT)
Honors Program Application
The Honors Program application includes
- Honors Online Application Form
- Honors Program Admission Essay (if applicable):
- If you have less than a 25 ACT/1100 SAT score, you must complete this short essay to be admitted into the Honors Program.
How Applications Are Evaluated
Each application is evaluated individually. Applicants meeting all criteria with positive recommendations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. When we reach the maximum number of students (22), applicants will be added to a wait-list.
Click Here to Open Honors Program Application Instructions
Complete the Online Application Form Here
For more information, please contact email@example.com.