Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (MAEL) Program
The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (MAEL) Program is designed for educators - teachers, counselors, coaches - who want the knowledge and degree necessary to become principals and superintendents. Learn from instructors who are currently working and leading in public education in Oklahoma. Courses such as School Law, School Finance, Community & Culture and Leadership will give you the knowledge and practical experience you need to prepare for your certification tests and to become a school administrator.
For more information contact 405.491.6346 or email@example.com.
Educational Leadership Program Overview
- 62 Wednesday nights of class on a set, pre-determined cohort calendar, 6-10pm
- All-inclusive administration 36 credit hour program; Elementary, Mid-level, Secondary and Superintendent included
- Optional technology package with training, includes some or all: iPad, Macbook Air, external hard drive, DSLR Camera, Printer, Bose Speakers, Apple TV, Hotspot
- Qualifies for Stafford Loan Forgiveness program for Teachers up to $17,500. Your degree could be "free" based on your current assignment
- SNU Scholarships Available
View MAEL Course Descriptions and Sequence
Download MAEL Brochure
MAEL Student Handbook
The requirements for admission to the MAEL program are as follows:
1. MAEL Program Requirements
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
Two (2) years of teaching experience or approval from the MAEL Director based on experience in an education field or plans for your professional future in an educational field
Recommendations from three sources
Completion of the student profile form (including essay)
If your undergraduate cumulative GPA is below 3.0, you may receive provisional admittance or be required to take Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
2. Graduate College Requirements
- Completed application form along with a one-time, non-refundable APPLICATION AND ENROLLMENT FEE of $185. This fee is waived for SNU Alumni.
- Transcript from the university where your previous Bachelor's degree was earned. SNU graduates need not request the SNU transcript.