New Classes Starting for 2014 in Bethany & Tulsa
One night a week format makes advancing your degree doable for the working adult!
The Master of Science with major in Nursing Education or Nursing Leadership is designed for baccalaureate-educated registered nurses who want to increase their effectiveness as nurses. The program consists of an accelerated modular Professional Study program, with two tracks: nursing education and nursing leadership. Each track, in the sequential curriculum, consists of 18 credits of CORE content, followed by 15 credits of specialty courses. At the end of the program, there is a six-credit capstone course, culminating in a thesis or project.
Each course consists of six weeks of intensive study. Courses include classroom sessions and group and individual projects. During the six-credit capstone course, learners receive extensive support in the completion of research study culminating in the writing of a thesis.
An alternate option is now available for registered nurses with bachelor's degrees in fields other than nursing. Applicants meet with a graduate nursing coordinator to develop individualized plans for completing entrance requirements through a portfolio process.
MASTER OF SCIENCE WITH MAJOR IN NURSING EDUCATION
OR NURSING LEADERSHIP
- Students must have a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 to
be admitted unconditionally.
- Students with GPAs below that 3.0 are
reviewed for possible conditional admittance.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program.
- Current unencumbered registered nurse licensure in Oklahoma or eligibility for the same.
- Documentation of basic computer skills.
- Successful completion of a basic statistics course.
- Brief statement of professional goals.
- Three letters of recommendation speaking to applicant's qualifications to pursue graduate education.
of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 or higher
(traditional version) or 213 or higher (computer version) for foreign
educated students. Those who have successfully completed a college
degree program in an English-speaking university or in the United
States do not need to submit the TOEFL.
View the Curriculum and Sequence for MS, Nursing Education
View the Curriculum and Sequence for MS, Nursing Leadership
The graduate nursing program at SNU is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
For more information about the SNU Graduate Nursing program, fill out the form or contact: