MBA Healthcare Management
Offered On campus and Online
The Master of Business Administration in Health Care (MBA-HC) program is designed for baccalaureate-degreed business professionals who are currently working for health care organizations or who desire to pursue a career in management in a health care organization and increase their effectiveness as managers and/or professionals. The mission of the program is to provide the MBA-HC student with the skills needed to be successful managers in the health care industry.
The MBA-HC program follows the model of other graduate programs in management at Southern Nazarene University; it is professional in nature and is designed to provide a broad educational experience in management. Additionally, the MBA-HC program emphasizes the relationship between management and the functional areas of communication, accounting, economics, finance, marketing and the quantitative sciences, as they relate to the health care field. And, in addition, students will grow their understanding of current and emerging Health Care trends and improve their ability to lead Health Care organizations to success. Read new information about the top 5 high-paying jobs for an MBA in Healthcare.
MBA Health Care Objectives
- Improve competencies in communicating, relating to others, and delivering presentations in the business environment.
- Effectively lead and contribute to goal accomplishment in a team setting.
- Develop critical thinking with a strategic perspective, utilizing an ethical framework, and resulting in sound decision making skills.
- Develop or improve understanding of current business trends.
- Develop an understanding of strategic human resource practices and leadership approaches.
- Utilize financial statement analysis and other quantitative information to solve problems in health care organizations.
- Demonstrate understanding of leadership and strategic issues in health care organizations.
MBA Health Care Curriculum
- Organizational Communication
- The Economic Environment
- Management of Organizational Behavior
- Legal Environment of Health Care
- The Accounting and Finance Environment
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management and Administration
- Ethics in Health Care
- Management Accounting in Health Care
- Health Care Administration
- Financial Management in Health Care
- Managerial Economics in Health Care
- Leadership in Health Care Seminar
- Strategic Management
TOTAL 40 hrs.
Southern Nazarene University offers the MBA-Health Care program at our campuses one-night a week in Bethany, Del City, and Tulsa, Oklahoma. We also offer the MBA-Health Care program online.
Request more information or call the Graduate Studies in Management at 405.491.6628.
MBA-Health Care Certificate
Professionals with master’s degrees in business or health-related fields may add a certificate in Health Care Administration that includes 13 credit hours of Health Care Administration courses; four MBA-HC courses (12 credit hours) designed specifically to address health care issues and problems, and a seminar, Leadership in Health Care (1 credit hour). Courses are taken consecutively and the certificate program cost includes tuition and books.
For more information or to apply to the certificate program, please contact Jeff Seyfert at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-491-6671.