Network accounts are assigned to students, professional studies students, faculty,
and staff. These accounts provide Internet access, network access and email.
Network accounts for verified students will be activated within 1 week of
confirmed registration. Network accounts for students who have graduated or
withdrawn from SNU will be removed after registration for new students is
complete the following semester.
Each user is assigned a username
and password. The username is always the first letter in the first name followed
by the first seven letters in the last name. In cases of duplicate usernames,
this naming scheme will be altered.
Passwords consist of the last 5
digits of the SNU ID Number, which must be changed the first time a user logs
in. When creating the new password, select one with 5 or more characters,
preferably a mix of numbers and letters.
It is not
mandatory to install the Novell client on a student computer to access the
Internet. If your network card is installed, you may connect to the Internet by
following these steps:
- Right-click on Internet Explorer and select Properties.
- Click on the Connection tab and then on the Setup button.
- Select "I want to set up my Internet connection manually..." and click on
- Select "I connect through a local area network [LAN]" and click on Next.
- Leave the check mark on "Automatic discovery of proxy server" and click on
- Select "No" for Internet mail account and click on Next.
- Click on Finish.
This will allow you access to the Internet, the
, and MySNU
(through which you may access your email). It will not allow access to network drives such as your
personal F: drive, which contains 25 MB of file space, or the group G: drive,
which contains shared class files. You will need to use NetStorage to connect to these drives and information about NetStorage is available at Connecting to SNU