The Southern Nazarene University Presidential Leadership Program is for females who attend a Church of the Nazarene and who have the potential to make lasting contributions to SNU student life, excel in the classroom and have the passion and desire to make a positive difference in the world.
Recipients will receive a $1,500 scholarship and will be enrolled in a Fall (August) of 2017 leadership course for academic credit. This course will be taught by SNU's Chief Academic Officer/Provost and former Student Body President, Melany Kyzer, and will consist of seminars, videos, excursions, book discussions, presidential mentoring and online asynchronous activities. Emphasis is placed on leading from the inside out, the study of leaders, with a focus on personal leadership development.
- Have a clear understanding of who they are and be able to articulate it.
- Identify the people, places and events that have shaped their lives.
- Articulate a philosophy of leadership.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrate an ability to build and lead a team.
- Create, develop and own a leadership portfolio.
- Create personal mission and vision statements to guide their lives.
- Own a leadership library with an annotated bibliography.
- Gain a network of leaders.
- Understand senior level leadership challenges from presidential mentoring.
- Understand the value of service and have led a service project.
To provide leadership exposure for its participants.
To recognize females who have been leaders in academics, school activities, churches and communities during their high school career.
Be mentored by effective and godly leaders
Become a dynamic leader through experiential opportunities
Be influenced by successful leaders through networking opportunities
Be challenged to reach your leadership potential
Be mentored by SNU Chief Academic Officer/Provost and former Student Body President, Dr. Melany Kyzer
Females who attend a Church of the Nazarene
Females with at least a 3.0 unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale
Females with at least a 23 on the ACT or 1030 CR+M on the SAT
Females who have a desire to make a positive impact in the world
New, residential, full-time students (either freshman or transfer) who will be enrolling at SNU in August 2017.
CHECKLIST FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Apply and be accepted for admission to Southern Nazarene University
Complete the Presidential Leadership Program application below
Submit a paper that was used for a classroom grade, 1,000 words or more
Submit materials by mail or electronically to email@example.com
by May 1, 2017