MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the undergraduate Sport Management program is to cultivate a Christ-centered learning community which exposes students to the wide range of opportunities available to them in the sport industry.
FUTURE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: Students in the undergraduate sport management program will be able to prepare for a multitude of careers within the arena of sport. Examples of those positions include, but are not limited to, account executive for professional franchises, associate/assistant athletic director at the intercollegiate level, business manager, college/university athletic director, conference office positions, corporate administrator of sporting events, fundraising administrator, public relations director, sales representatives for sporting goods company, sport governing body positions, sports broadcasting, sports information director within intercollegiate athletics, sports journalism, and/or a tournament director.
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Sports Management have the option to concentrate study in the areas of Sport Business or Sport Communication depending on future career objectives.
SPORT BUSINESS CONCENTRATION:
- A multidisciplinary area of study which offers kinesiology coursework blended with courses surrounding business principles.
- Includes 64 required credits, 30 from our School of Business and 34 from the School of Kinesiology
- Our School of Business is backed by accreditation from the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- Provides opportunities for a broad range of internships based on student interest
Download Academic Plan
SPORT COMMUNICATION CONCENTRATION:
- A multidisciplinary area of study which offers kinesiology coursework blended with courses focused on the area of communication.
- Includes 63 required credits, 30 from the Department of Communication and 34 from the School of Kinesiology.
- Provides opportunities to connect with our athletic departments Sports Information staff to assist in the broadcast of live events and publish stories focused on Crimson Storm Athletics.
- Provides opportunities for a broad range of internships based on student interests.
Download Academic Plan
- Experts in their field with years of experience.
- Administrative experience in the NAIA and NCAA Division II.
- Registered Athletic Administrator through the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association.