Student Support Services is fully funded by a federal grant through the U.S. Department of Education and the TRiO Student Support Services program. Southern Nazarene University's SSS program serves 165 eligible students yearly and is one of over 900 programs like it the country.
SSS helps eligible students successfully complete their post-secondary education by providing a foundation for overcoming academic, personal, and cultural obstacles to higher education.
Through a highly personalized support system, the SSS staff strives to build professional and personal relationships with students in order to carefully assess their individual needs and to offer appropriate academic, personal, and career support.
In order to qualify for Student Support Services you must:
• Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
• Be a full-time (12 hours) undergraduate student at Southern Nazarene University
• Demonstrate high motivation to successfully complete your coursework
You must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
• First generation college student (neither parent has a 4-year degree)
• Have a disability that may impact your pursuit of a degree
• Meet certain federal financial eligibility guidelines
HOW TO APPLY
Download Initial Application here (pdf)