Adjunct Professor, Graduate Programs in Counseling
- PhD. – Human Services –Specialization in Disaster & Crisis Intervention, Walden University, 2011 to present
- Certificate of Play Therapy, Mid America Nazarene University, January 2010 to May 2012
- M.S. – Family & Child Studies, University of Central Oklahoma, May 2008 – May 2010
- B.S. – General Studies, University of Central Oklahoma May 2008.
Lea May is currently a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist Candidate and an Independent Service Contractor Provider for Family & Children’s Consultants in Oklahoma City, OK. After completing her Family & Child Studies degree she furthered her education at University of Oklahoma Advanced degree program where she completed classes to qualify her as a candidate for her LMFT license. After completing her Play Therapy Certification at Mid America Nazarene University and completing her practicum with Family & Children’s Consultants, she now provides therapy services for families, children, and couples. Her specialization is play therapy and she enjoys working with children and their families in a collaborative effort.
In her spare time she is a volunteer for the Whiz Kid program at Mark Twain Elementary school and an active member in her church where she is the children’s church leader. Lea lives with her husband Bill in Deer Creek. When she gets a spare moment, she enjoys relaxing on the back porch with her therapy dog Sassy. She has three grown children that live in the Oklahoma City area.
- PSY5113 Child Psychopathology and Assessment