405.491.6396 (option #2)
Information Technology 405.491.6396 (option #2) is located in Herrick and manages network administration, development, campus technology resources, and the IT Support Center.
- IT Support Center office hours are 8 am to 8 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8 am to 5 pm on Friday.
- Active Directory Password – Passwords can be changed at reset.snu.edu. For a forgotten password, click on Forgot Password and follow the options. NOTE: Failure to update old passwords on all devices will result in a locked account.
Active Directory accounts are assigned to students, professional studies students, faculty, and staff. These accounts provide Internet access, network access, and email.
Active Directory accounts for verified students will be activated within 1 week of confirmed registration. Active Directory accounts for students who have graduated or withdrawn from SNU will be removed after registration for new students is complete the following semester.
Each user is assigned a username and password. The username is always the first letter in the first name followed by the first seven letters in the last name. In cases of duplicate usernames, this naming scheme will be altered.
The following information is the procedure for changing your Active Directory account password:
Username: (assigned username).
Temporary AD password: SNU.xxxxx (replace xxxxx with the last 5 digits of your ID number)
Go to https://reset.snu.edu
AD username: (listed above)
Temporary AD password: (listed above)
Log in and use this same password as the Old Password the next screen.
- Make sure when creating your new password you follow all of the criteria
- Must have a minimum of 8 characters
- Must have at least 1 upper case letter
- Must have a number
- Must have a symbol
- It can not be anything like your old password and it can not contain 3 or more consecutive letters that are in your first/last name.
Be sure to continue and set up security questions for later self-help.
SNU uses Google Apps for email services.
Professional/Graduate and Traditional Student email addresses consist of the username followed by @mail.snu.edu.
Student Users may access their email at webmail.snu.edu.
The IT Support Center offers support for:
- Software and class applications
- Email and network problems
- Lab computers and printers
- Maintenance and work orders for campus equipment
- Approving, ordering and installing all computer equipment
- Network connections for all offices and on-campus housing
- Student laptop equipment support is available at the Laptop Center (email@example.com 405.717.6230)
The IT Support Center is located in Herrick 143 on the southwest side of the campus. Office hours are from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Email support is available at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
The IT Support Center phone number is: 405.491.6396 (option #2)