International Student Steps to Admission
1. Complete the online application by creating an account, logging in and submitting the application for your desired program:
Send official transcripts and/or education credentials.
- Undergraduate Applicants: submit the equivalent of a high school diploma and transcripts and any college work that you may have completed.
- Graduate Applicants: submit the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree.
- Official Transcript Evaluations may be required.
Submit TOEFL or IELTS results.
- The TOEFL institutional code for SNU is 6036. A TOEFL score of 61 on the Internet-based exam is required for admission.
- An IELTS bandwidth score of 6.0 is required for admission.
- Students transferring from another SEVP-approved US school/institution are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS if they have successfully completed 2 or more semesters and/or have obtained 24 or more credit hours.
- For graduate and nursing school students, a TOEFL score of 79 on the Internet-based exam or an IELTS bandwidth score of 7.0 is required for admission.
- If you don’t have a TOEFL or IELTS score, you may first enroll in our L.I.F.E Student Support at SNU.
A financial statement of support should be submitted indicating how tuition, school fees, and living expenses will be paid while you are enrolled in college. This includes both the sponsor’s bank statement and the Certificate of Financial Resources signed by your financial sponsor.
Submit ACT or SAT results if taken. This is required for all undergraduate athletes for NCAA Eligibility purposes.
6. Carefully read, sign, and submit the Statement of Understanding.
7. Send copies of your passport identification page.
8. Complete the International Transfer Student Information Request Form if you are transferring from an SEVP-approved US school/institution.
9. Graduate students will need to complete all additional requirements for their specific graduate program.
Processing of I-20s can take about 2 weeks (on average) AFTER all necessary documentation has been received. Any fraudulent documentation submitted will result in immediate denial.