This year come join us as we work in the Saltillo community refurbishing 5 Nazarene churches, holding Vacation Bible Schools, ministering in mobile medical units and sports camps.
Information about this year’s trip: We will leave from McAllen, TX on Sunday, December 27th at 8:00 AM. We will arrive in Saltillo, Mexico for Sunday evening service at our local Saltillo Nazarene Churches. Our work days will be Dec. 28-noon on Dec. 31st. January 1st we will join with our brothers and sisters for a day of picnicking and activities. Saturday, January 2nd we will return to McAllen, TX.
New this year! Please note! Each adult needs to submit a completed background check form.
Mission goals for this year:
- 150 participants minimum
- Work alongside Mexican brothers and sisters
- Reaching communities through children’s activities and sports
- Basic construction
All for the gospel of Jesus Christ!
The cost for this year is $595.00
- Meals in Mexico
- Hotel room (4 person occupancy) (If you would like your own room or your own bed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.) Please note that minors need to stay in rooms with guardians unless previous arrangements have been agreed upon through SNU.
- Transportation from McAllen and back, and daily transportation to work sites.
- Accident insurance
- Daily water supply
- Construction and medical supplies
- Publicity materials
Do you need a scholarship?
- For Pastors, $150
- For SNU Students (please see prof. Ruger)
- For the 2nd and 3rd party of a family, please apply for the $100 scholarship as needed (but $200 maximum scholarship per family).
- Applications for all scholarships can be received by emailing email@example.com
What to bring:
- Christ-like attitude
- Willingness to serve where asked
- Passport or passport card for border crossing
o Under 18: Parents must sign and notarize a permission document (upload permission document link here) (document is attached in this email)
- Conservative, non-work clothes for church service
- Swimsuit for the hotel
- Closed toed shoes (please, no sandals)
- Basic Medications if required
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Spending money (your discretion for snacks, souvenirs, offering, etc.)
There are many places in McAllen, Texas to convert American Money to Pesos (although they close at 5) or a few places in Saltillo, Mexico.
- A bad attitude
- Alcohol, drugs, tobacco
- Fireworks (even purchased in Mexico)
A Few Things to Note:
- Although it is not a requirement, we ask that if possible, half of your trip is paid for by November 19th in order to cover materials and other budget items that need to be ordered in advance.
- All funds due by December 1st
- Mission Trips do require a bit of sacrificing on our part, so please be prayerful as you continue to raise funds
- One of the most exciting parts of a mission trip is seeing how the Lord blesses us with a strong community of people who want to support us and help us reach out communities around us. Before asking for a scholarship please go to your local church, family members, friends and allow them to share in this experience by partnering with you. We have many people who would like to participate but have trouble raising funds and if possible, we would love to provide scholarships on an as need basis.
- If you are able to give above what you require, keep in mind that it could be a huge blessing to another team member!
- Commission to Mexico is considered a 10% giving Mexico trip, see the church of the Nazarene’s website for more information
Transportation to McAllen, Texas?
- All participants must find their own way to this location. McAllen does have its own airport with many shuttles to local motels! There are many motels in McAllen, TX. We will be meeting at the Rio Valley Church of the Nazarene at 1400 West Nolana Avenue in McAllen, TX.
- Materials needed for this year:
Need more information? Call 405-491-6693 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Commission to Mexico,
Southern Nazarene University,
6729 NW 39th Expressway,
Bethany Ok 73008